As promised yesterday, pictures of the baby blanket I’ve worked up over the last fortnight. It’s been washed and blocked and now it’s all ready to go off to the mother-to-be, whose first child is due in May.
It’s a paid pattern (though not an expensive one), Rings of Change by Frank O’Randle. I used a cotton 4 ply yarn, because I had plenty of that sitting in my stash, and I thought these colours looked fresh and bright together. I used three greens, two yellows and three pinks – full details of yarn, shades and hook are on my Ravelry project page.
Honestly, I did not love this project. In fact for a large proportion of my time working on it, I was bored and driving myself to just get it big enough to finish. I went up to round 55, and then did a round of crab stitch as a border. It’s a well-written pattern, and it’s gorgeous to look at, but for some reason I just didn’t enjoy working on it. Still, hopefully the recipient will like it :)