Who fancies a new pattern to cheer up their Tuesday?
Those of you who follow me on instagram will have seen sneak peeks of this blanket already. I love the designs I normally create, rich and textured, but sometimes you just need something simpler. Something quick, easy, and portable. Thus, this blanket was born.
I call it ‘Spin Me Around’, because of the way the pattern spins out from the centre and because of the yarn I used – Batik Swirl. It’s a swirling and spinning kind of a blanket 🙂
It’s very quick to work up, a simple repeating pattern that increases as you go. You can make it to any size, from a cushion cover right up to a big bedspread: just keep following the repeating pattern.
- The pattern is written in US terms.
- My blanket is a comfortable lap blanket size at 44″/122cm.
- I used a 4.5mm hook and three cakes of Batik Swirl, in the shade Purple Mist.
- After three rounds, my blanket measures 3”/7.6cm across. However, because this is a repeating pattern, matching gauge is not essential.
- You’ll need a tapestry needle for sewing in ends.
- You may also find stitch markers helpful.
I’ve also made my first attempt at a chart, for this blanket, as well as the written instructions. The chart covers the first twelve rounds, to help get you started.
The pattern is available for free on Ravelry.